The Samsung UN32J4000 TV is a 32-inch television set upon a pair of black stands made from plastic materials. These plastic stands are somewhat curved in nature and positioned at the edges of the TV set. As is the case with many television sets these days, this appliance too can be either wall-mounted or placed on a TV stand.
The architecture of this entry-level television is quite simple when compared to other brands.
Behind the product unit, there are a set of connection ports where easy connections can be made to other devices and media. It has a two HDMI ports, one USB port, a digital audio port and another port through which cable television connections can be made. There are no connection ports on either side of the product unit.
It has an easy-to-use software interface that is simple to navigate and the entire set up process is straightforward. The TV remote control of this product is not a Smart remote but it has all the regular buttons like volume control, channel surfing/tuning and picture settings one needs to perform any desired action with the TV.
This remote does not have any backlighting but the remote control has a handy “Tools” button which gives the user quick access to their most-frequently used controls.
To imitate the channel tuning during set up, I find the TV’s channel tuner to be easy to use for finding and setting up digital channels.
There are a total of three different picture modes that the user can select from depending on their individual preferences. These are the “Standard”, “Movie” and “Dynamic” modes. There are also different sound modes and settings to choose from.
This TV does a fairly good job at accurately depicting the real colors of all images on the screen. The relatively low resolution of the screen means that it would not be an ideal candidate to be used as a computer monitor.
To its credit, the Samsung UN32J4000 TV has a wide viewing angle which gives the viewers the same image quality even when they are watching from off-angle positions in the room.
The audio output is good although the bass sound falls a little bit short even at high volume. Fast images are also captured and depicted clearly on the display with minimal image blurring. Another plus for this TV is the “Connect Share” feature which facilitates the connection of external devices like digital cameras to be hooked up to the TV via the USB 2.0 connection port, thus, offering more options for accessing your PC’s content on the TV display.
- Brand Name – Samsung
- Model Number – UN32J4000AFXZA
- Product Dimensions – 29.3 x 15.9 x 18.2 inches
- Product Weight – 8.4 pounds
- Product Shipping Weight – 12.4 pounds
- Display Technology – LED
- Color – Black
- Screen Display Size – 31.5 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio – 16:9
- Refresh Rate – 60 CMR (Clear Motion Rate)
- Image Contrast Ratio – 2600 : 1
- Resolution – 720 p
- Maximum Resolution – 1366 x 768 pixels
- Backlight – LED
- Speaker Output Power – 10 watts (5W + 5W)
- Smart Functionality – No
- Product Dimensions With Stand – 29.3 x 18.2 x 5.9 inches
- Product Dimensions Without Stand – 29.3 x 17.1 x 2.7 inches
- Number of HDMI Ports – 2
- Number Of USB Ports – 1
- Energy Star Compliant – Yes
- Power Supply – AC 110 -120 V, 60 Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption – 40 Watts
- It has a wide viewing angle
- It is very light and portable
- It is a very affordable TV considering all its feature
- It is not a Smart TV
- The display does not have full HD screen resolution
- Low resolution images often appear to be distorted
- The contrast ratio of this product is not very good
- It does not have any major contrast or motion enhancement software pre-installed on it
This Samsung UN32J4000 TV is a solid product, even though it doesn’t have all the frills found in many of the more expensive brands. For a price hovering around $200, I’d say this is a great bargain for sure.
Its strongest features are its light weight, easy setup, wide viewing angle and affordable pricing.
In spite of its somewhat lower screen resolution, I would definitely recommend this product.